The schedule for the DPS Foal Show 2022 is available on the DPS Foal Show event page
AGM Notice and Nomination Form
The AGM Notice and the Nomination Form for proposing members who wish to stand for Council have been sent out by email for those members who have given the Society permission to use their email addresses.
On 19 July 2022 the notice and form were sent out by post using the Royal Mail for the remaining members. It would be helpful if more members would be willing to allow the Society to use email, so please consider this by sending an email to email@example.com with Subject “Email Permission”.
Some email addresses which are recorded on the DPS database were rejected, so if you didn’t get an email or notification by mail, please could you send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject “Email Refresh”.
Revised Complaint Resolution and Appeals Procedure
The procedure has been made more general in order that any type of complaint can be dealt with in the same manner.
Please see the Complaint Resolution and Appeals page for full details.
The procedure came into effect from the beginning of July 2022 and will be included in the next version of the Members Handbook.
Stud Visits 2022
Please see the updated flyer attached here: Stud visits 2022
DPS Honorary Secretary Vacancy
The Dales Pony Society, a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity, is seeking to appoint an Honorary Secretary, reporting to the Chair of Council. The Society currently has 430 members, maintains its own stud book and registers, and licenses all approved Dales Pony Stallions. It runs a Spring and a Summer breed show, a Festival show, a Foal show, an Annual Points Scheme, a Southern show, an East Anglian show, occasional Pleasure Rides and Driving Rallies. Newsletters are published for Members during the year.
The Honorary Secretary is responsible for providing a communication, development and administration service, liaising with an external service provider on pony registrations and Society memberships. Main duties include overseeing the foal registration process, administering the stallion licencing and stallion premium schemes, submitting grant applications, maintaining the Judges lists and training schemes, taking meeting minutes, maintaining and developing breed literature, distributing newsletters and magazines when appropriate, liaising with Area Group Leaders, and updating the website and Facebook pages.
An honorarium of £9,500 per annum is payable, rising to £10,000 on satisfactory completion of 6 months service. The role is self employed and home based. A Society computer and mobile phone will be provided for business use.
Main Requirements for the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to interact with a wide range of people
- Excellent experience of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be hard working and conscientious
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work and work calmly under pressure
- Ability to problem solve with a proactive approach with the ability to adapt style and approach to achieve effective outcomes
- Ability to work flexibly with a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work confidentially and to treat issues with sensitivity
- Ability to work to a very high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Able to travel to meetings
- Have a working knowledge of the Zoom virtual meeting software
- Have a working knowledge of website and Facebook page maintenance
- Have a working knowledge of business accounting software
Desirable but not essential
- Experience of using the Grass Roots database
- Experience of Xero software
- Sound knowledge of the Dales Pony breed and history
- Dales Pony Society Member
To apply for the positions please email a CV and covering letter to Lindsay Knight at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 2nd August 2022 at 9am. Interviews will be held in Barnard Castle on either Tuesday 9th or Wednesday 10th August 2022 (date to be confirmed).
Summer Show Schedule and Entry Form Published
Please see the DPS Summer Show Event for details
DPS Festival – Schedule Update
Please note there has been a change in the timetable and the judges. Please see the event details on the Events Page
The Dales Pony Festival will be held at the Camden Equestrian Centre on Saturday 25 June 2022.
The closing date has been extended to 14 June and there are new part-bred classes.
See the event for revised schedule and entry form.
The show is bringing back the Dales Classes this year on 27 August. See the Events page for further details