Membership runs from 1st January to the 31st December. The joining fee and the current subscription costs are available on the Fees and Tariffs page.
If you wish to become a member please complete the Membership application form.
If you are renewing your membership as an existing (or lapsed) member, then please use the Membership renewal form.
Payment can be made using:
- BACS - Account name - Dales Pony Society, Sort Code - 20-56-74, Account Number - 60311545 stating "Sub nnnnn" as your reference where nnnnn is your membership number
- Cheque/Postal Order (enclose with form) made payable to "Dales Pony Society"
- Cash at the Spring and Summer Shows or at the AGM
Existing members can pay by Standing Order quoting their Membership Number in the Reference box on the Standing Order Mandate Form.
If you have any questions about Memberships please get in touch with the Secretary whose details can be found on the Contact page.
Membership is open to people whether they are pony owners or not.
Members are entitled to:
- register and transfer Dales Ponies in the Dales Pony Stud Book, at reduced rates
- exhibit registered Dales Ponies at shows organised by the Society and to receive notice of such shows
- receive notice of, and to attend, all general meetings of the Society
Members also have to agree that personal information needs to be held by the Society in order to operate as a Passport Issuing Organisation, but can request restrictions on the information that other members can access from the on-line database.
All members automatically become part of a Area Group and can take part in events organised more locally - see our Areas page for details of your local area.
There are two main types of membership: Full Member and Junior Member, for those people who under 18 years old. Subscriptions are due immediately an application for membership is accepted by the Society. From then on, annual subscriptions are due from 1st January each year.
There is a reduced membership level where Full or Junior Members may apply for a rebate and have a Rebated Member status. Rebated Members are allowed to be handlers and riders at the Society's shows, but no other entitlements as listed above. A form is available from the Secretary and must be signed and completed prior to competing in the event.